I don’t know about you, but nothing says summer to me more than a mojito. There’s just something about the mix of mint, lime, and sugar that is so refreshing. I just love them. If you have fresh mint, it’s even better! I love to make a mojito (or any summertime beverage) in a copper mug. Copper mugs aren’t just for Moscow Mules! The copper mug keeps the drink cold for longer and it’s just so pretty! There’s nothing better than a cold, refreshing drink after a productive ride and mucking out stalls in the summer heat.
Yield 1 drink
The ultimate summer drink - mint, lime, sugar, and rum! What's not to like?
- 1 slice lime
- 20 mint leaves (to taste - more is better in my opinion)
- 1 ounce simple syrup (see Notes)
- 2 ounces rum
- Sprite or 7-Up
- Dos Equis
- Combine lime, mint leaves and simple syrup in a shaker and muddle together with a muddler
- Put shaker lid on and shake well
- Add ice and rum and shake again - you can fill your serving glass about 3/4 full and then transfer it to the shaker so you know how much ice you need
- Pour into serving glass and top with equal parts Sprite and Dos Equis
- Garnish with a lime slice and a sprig of mint if you're feeling fancy
- To make simple syrup fill a shaker 3/4 full of granulated sugar, add hot water to about 1" over the level of the sugar in the glass. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. You can make it in a glass, but the metal shaker helps the sugar dissolve. Simple syrup should be thick - like syrup!
- I think a copper mug is a great summertime drink vessel because it keeps your beverage cold and looks so chic.